Hi my name is Alex and i currently work at vault cloud as a cloud Admin (Customer Technical support)
I have graduated from UNSW Sydney with a degree in computer science. As proof, you can see my Testamur, Transcript and AHEGS.
I am considering continuing my studies at AIE and specialise in Game Programming. For the longest time, i could always envision myself working as a game programmer. Right now i do this as a hobby - Self enrolled courses. I mostly use Godot.
I also like animations
After reading https://manjarno.snorlax.sh/ i have switched from Manjaro to Endeavour OS. The main thing Manjaro had going for me was the GUI package manager. And then i came across an issue with OpenSSL, causing me to not being about to update my packages. Therefore i switched to Endeavour.
Things i want to learn (In no particular order):
- NFTables on linux machines
- IPsec and SSL VPNs
- Fortigates - Maybe a few fortinet certificates
- LDAP and OpenLDAP
- Redhat Certificate RHSCA
- Maybe a few AWS and Azure certificates
- AutoFS and NFS
- How Email works
- Mattermost deployment
- Nextcloud deployment
- Svelte and Sveltekit - Frontent development
- Cable management
- Hugo : To build this website, i would like to add a navbar and make it look like max zhang’s website.
- Lock Picking
- How Monero and Bitcoin works
- Piano and guitar
- Unity Engine
- Unreal engine
Games i like
- Bug bumble - N64
- Mario Kart - N64
- Ratchet and Clank (PS2 - PS3)
- Assassin’s creed (1,2,3 - original series)
- Halo 3 (xbox 360)
- Don’t Escape
- Epic Battle Fantasy
- HellTaker - PC (Steam) - Free
- God of war - PC (Steam) - Paid
- Metro Exodus
- Outer Wilds
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC (Steam) - Paid
- Team Fortress 2 - PC (Steam) - Free
Film i like:
- Avatar, the last airbender
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- The Lego Movie
- American Psycho : This film has so many community edits and remixes.
- Blade runner 2049
- Puss in boots 2
Music i like:
- Anything Touhou. Zun is a great composer
- Touhou - The Positive and Negative [ZUN-like Remix] : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRu1TfncE4
- I imagine this one to be a boss theme - something like a news anchor or pop star (Is this similar to metton from Undertale?)
- C418 - Aria Math
- I also like Phonk
- If i have used the music in an animation - I have to like it. When animating you constantly hear the same music again and again.
Interesting fact about me: Apparently, when i was really young, i used to watch “free willy” on repeat continuously. I could not talk at this age but i knew how to work the VHS machine. Also according to my parents, I could not talk until at the age of four. But hey, I Einstein was a late talker too: https://profound-answers.com/did-einstein-really-not-talk-until-he-was-4/ More on late talkers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_talker My Mum tells me how worried she was when i was young and not talking. She took me to every Specialist she could see. They did a bunch of tests on me - Made sure i was not deaf. I think they went on to find nothing. No explanation. I think there were fears that i was Autistic or had a Disability. I am glad to announce that i turned out fine. I am very happy for myself and my family.
I wonder if i should do a “character stats” page for myself? Something similar to Cyberpunk character stats? Or Elden Ring?
- My weight: 102KG
- My Height: 185cm
- Max DeadLift: 90KG
- Max brench press: 60KG
- Beep test: 8.2
- 10km run in 59 minutes.
- 21km run in ????
- Blood type: B+
Yoga: Postures i can do: Touch toes? (Hopefully one day but not right now (22nd of Dec))
Reflexes BBJ? Karate, Muay Thai. Floro knife defense.
Technical Ability (Which in today’s world is the same as Intelligence?) CCNA RHSCA (Not today, but aiming for it.)
- Current Youtube following: 10K
- Github followers: 10
- (Not that it really matters to be honest)